“LOOSELY WOVEN” gives FREE XMAS CONCERT in AVALON “TOUCH the SKY”
4 pm Sunday 11thDec- at Avalon Baptist Church 2 George St.
Fund raiser for Amnesty International Avalon Group
Reviewer Paul Cruise says about Loosely Woven Concerts “There’s one sure thing about a Loosely Woven performance: fun will be had”
On Sunday 11th Dec local music group Loosely Woven – led by charismatic Wayne Richmond – will perform their new concert ‘Touch the Sky” at 4 pm at AVALON BAPTIST CHURCH. This will be a free, light-hearted acoustic concert and features 19 musicians and singers
A feature will be a beautiful song about ‘renewal’ called ‘Take these wings’.
The program includes Christmas items:
- I heard the bells on Christmas Day
- See a baby
- Fairytale of New York
- This is my wish
- The Christmas Song (Aretha Franklin style)
- and will finish with a fabulous arrangement of You Raise Me Up
And, as usual, there will be a few ‘pop’ favourites:
- Overkill (Men at work)
- Blue Bayou (Linda Rondstadt)
- Fanny Mae (Sha Na Na)
And other lesser known, songs including:
- Accidentally Kelly Street (light ‘country’ song)
- Dark as a Dungeon (fabulous ‘mining’ song – a great sing!)
- I just don’t look good naked anymore! 🙂
- Erev Ba (hauntingly beautiful Israeli song)
- Isle of Innisfree (a beautiful Irish song)
- Love can build a bridge (powerful ‘country’ song)
- Touch the Sky (from the 2012 Walt Disney animation ‘Brave’ set in the Scottish highlands)
Instruments this time will include violins, flutes, harp, concertina, melodicas, glockenspiel, xylophone, guitars, keyboard and percussion.
Avalon Baptist Church co-sponsors this concert with Avalon Amnesty International Group. You can enjoy a musical treat and also support human rights by coming. The concert is free and there is always a scrumptious free supper.
Voluntary donations will go to Amnesty International and help people around the world suffering human rights abuse.
Avalon Amnesty International group is at present working on several campaigns. At the concert we will have letters and petitions to sign as part of the Write for Rights campaign. We also work for “Community is Everything” which is to find support for Indigenous young people at risk of suicide or imprisonment. We send letters and try to help innocent people who face huge injustice including torture , discrimination, violence, imprisonment and death.
Free Concert: “TOUCH the SKY” (Loosely Woven)
Free Afternoon tea
Date: Sunday 11thDec @ 4 p.m.